Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 5 - "30 Paintings in 30 Days"

"Blue Moon", pastel, 16x12, $650. uf 
$800. framed

A pastel inspired by the "blue moon" last August. Actually the 6x6 studies from this event are called "Red Moon" because the weather man said it was also called a red moon, I think because of it's color.    You can see the studies on my web site in the Small Works page. "Once in a blue moon" is because two full moons in one month does not happen very often!
I did this painting on a sheet of sanded wallis paper that had a dark underpainting, so getting the darker tones of the night sky and foliage was a little easier.
The day 5 painting took a little longer than usual though. So I think the next few will be a smaller size!
Thank you for viewing my art and see more great art for this challenge at "30 Paintings in 30 Days".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, beautiful, Kathleen. I'm a fellow 30 in 30 traveler and saw your work on Leslie's blog.

Melissa Adams said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love your work and can't wait to see more and more of it as this 30 day challenge ensues! Keep up the amazingness, Kathleen! =)

Kathleen Kalinowski, PSA said...

Thank you June and Melissa!