Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 13 - "30 Paintings in 30 Days"

"Tea Time", oil on panel, 8x8

$150. unframed until the end of January.

Day 13, and another challenging still life. This old teapot was given to me by my sister. You can tell it was well loved, as the handle is bent. I debated whether to keep the bent handle in my painting or to correct it. I was more concerned though with mixing the grays and keeping the lights cool and shadows warm. Overall, I like the story it tells and the look of old patina in the background.
Thank you for viewing my painting!

4 comments:

Ellie Boyd ellieboydstudio.com said...

Beautiful! Very atmospheric.
Ellie Boyd
www.ellieboydstudio.com

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I really love your work, Kathleen. There is an ethereal quality that is so enchanting. I think this just became my new favorite.

Kathleen Kalinowski, PSA said...

Thank Claire and Ellie!

Kim Stenberg said...

Kathleen, I checked out your blog. Beautiful paintings! As for the pictures on the right column, they are widgets I got from Etsy, www.dailypaintworks.com, and Facebook. They are easy to add to your blog. Just go to your layout page. Click "Add a Gadget". When it opens, click "Add your own." Then paste the html code you copied from whatever site that has these fancy widgets. Did I answer your question?