Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 3 - "30 Paintings in 30 Days"

Boathouse on Traverse Bay, pastel, 9x12
$375. uf or $500. framed like an oil with AR glass in Warm silver, gold or black custom frame. 
Framed size approx. 11x14"

This painting was started during one of my class demos last fall. I was just at the beginning stage demonstrating the underpainting wash and had not worked on it since. The underpainting is a light coat of Nu-pastel in warm colors and brushed into the sanded paper to give it tone. So I am happy to finish it up today as the painting for day 3. I am happy with the colors in the water and left some underpainting "drips" in the immediate foreground.

Thank you for looking at my art, hope you enjoy it!

This painting also in "30 Paintings in 30 Days" blog.



1 comment:

gene sampson said...

Kathy, I can't even begin to imagine how you are managing to do this! This one, again, is just so lovely. Keep it up......you are a real inspiration!