Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 2 - "30 Paintings in 30 Days"

Snow Shadows, pastel, 9x12, $375. uf, $500. framed
with AR glass in gold, silver or black custom frame.

"Snow Shadows" for day 2 is a scene that I had been contemplating to paint for quite some time. I am glad I waited because I feel I resolved some composition issues that were bothering me. If you live in west Michigan you will know that we don't have quite this much snow yet. Some of the information, like the snow on the pines was from my photo reference. Hope you enjoy the painting!
Also see my painting and others at "30 Paintings in 30 Days" and on facebook.

2 comments:

gene sampson said...

This is so nice! I love the long shadows on the snow. And then I love the way you used those same colors in the trees, particularly the foremost one on the right. It is just to beautiful. Great painting.

Kim Stenberg said...

I love the painting! I can feel the weight of the snow on the evergreen boughs.