Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 19 - "30 Paintings in 30 Days"

"October Sky II", pastel, 24x24, $1500. framed

This painting is near completion and since I needed to post something for today, this it is.  It could still be a work in progress for awhile. If anyone has a critique, I would appreciate it!
This pastel is on Wallis sanded paper. I started out with a warm underpainting of several shades of raw sienna and burnt sienna. Brushed it in with rubbing alcohol. I was very interested in letting the warm glow of the underpainting come through the layers of gray in the sky. Also useful was the burnt sienna in the foreground as a mass of tone.

Thank you for viewing my art!

To see other artists paintings from this challenge
go to this blog.

3 comments:

kim smith art said...

This is beautiful Kathleen! I love the colors!

Jane said...

I think this is a beautiful painting, love the warm colors !

Kathleen Kalinowski, PSA said...

Thank you Kim and Jane for your nice comments!