Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Still-Lifes at Treeline

Pitcher With Apples, oil on panel, 12x12, $800 framed at Treeline Gallery
(I like the country French look)
Blushing Pear, oil on panel, 6x6, $250 framed at Treeline Gallery
    Treeline Gallery in Suttons Bay, has a nice assortment of landscapes and still-lifes. Since this is the slow time of year for this beautiful gallery in northern Michigan, I thought I would highlight some of my work there.

Kettle with Apples, oil on panel, 8x8, $425. framed at Treeline Gallery

    Working in the still-life genre is relatively new for me. I started a few years ago during the winter months with a group of painter friends. We call ourselves, "The Six Women Painters". This was a great substitute for plein air painting (sometimes not practical in the Michigan winter), and working from life is good practice. From that start, I often find subjects like flowers, fruit and veggies in season at farmer markets or even just the grocery store. Also, I am starting to collect small antique objects that would look good in a painting. Sometimes it takes just as long to arrange the still-life as it is to paint it! I prefer working small, 6x6 - 8x8, and on occasion find it necessary to work larger.

Mixed Fruit, oil on panel, 6x6, $250. framed at Treeline Gallery

Pears with Orange Slices, 6x6, $250. framed at Treeline Gallery


Please call Alyce at 616-450-6708,
 if you would like to speak to her about any of these paintings.

Thank you for viewing my work!




2 comments:

hmuxo said...

This is a beautiful still life..you have such an impressive blog!!

barbara schilling said...

I love all of these recent posted still lifes! Beautiful work Kathie...and good luck on the sales!