Saturday, April 20, 2013

Oil Painters of America Exhibit

River Banks - Spring Thaw, oil on linen, 8x16, plein air

I am super excited! After numerous tries through the years, I finally have a painting accepted into the 2013 Juried Salon Show of Traditional Oils with the Oil Painters of America. Although I have had work accepted into national art competitions before, this show in particular was a goal to have my work accepted among many other fine OPA painters. Having a painting accepted into a show like this can really boost one's confidence! The best part, is that the show is here in Michigan at the Crooked Tree Art Center in the beautiful town of Petoskey. I have already signed up for a plein air painting workshop with the well known painter, Marc Hanson at the art center. The workshop starts right after the opening weekend of June 22 in Petoskey.
Taking a painting workshop really helps to recharge the artist and learn from someone else who has knowledge to share. I hope to always keep learning and improving my work!

I hope you have the opportunity to see this exhibit and visit beautiful Michigan this summer. The show runs June 22 through August 31, 2013.

1 comment:

Barb Berens said...

That is fantastic Kathie! Can't wait to see the show in Petoskey and so excited about Marc's class for sure!