Monday, November 23, 2009

Painting Fast



"Pumpkin Field and Crates", oil, 12x9
A very nice elderly gentleman gave me permission to set up my easel in the pumpkin field that his son farmed not too far from my home. As I was trying to decide on the best vantage point among all the pumpkins and crates, when along came the farmer in his equipment ready to take away the crates filled with pumpkins. I explained what I was doing and so he helped by only taking the crates that were the farthest away. I really did not think I would finish this painting before all the crates were hauled away but it did make me paint fast.

Mr. Bob Alt, the farmer, then invited me to look at his property behind his home because he thought it might make a nice painting. The October colors are beautiful when complimented with a gray sky, so that afternoon I accepted the challenge, overlooking rows of golden corn stalks, a distant orchard, soy field and surrounding trees, just past their peak.





"Alt's Farm - Autumn", oil, 12x16
Sometimes one painting spot will lead to another. To be continued...

No comments: