Monday, November 23, 2009

A Friendly Village



"The Bottle Shop", oil, 12x12, 11/2009
Last week my painting friend, Patti suggested that we paint in a quaint nearby village. I have driven through Cannonsburg many times on my way to paint in Townsend Park or at Pickerel Lake. I often thought it would be great to paint in the little village but the complicated nature of painting architecture was daunting. But after many months of painting orchards, farms, rivers, etc., I needed a change and decided to embrace the challenge. My goal was to paint a rather loose impression of the buildings trying to capture the colors of the November light. The Oberon Beer Truck was there when I set up my easel and I wanted to include it in the composition so that was the first thing I painted. Sure enough, he pulled out soon after. The owner of the Village, Don, welcomed us and made us feel at home with complimentary hot cocoa to warm us - it was quite chilly. Many others stopped to chat and that warmed us as well.

Next blog...The Honey Creek Inn...

No comments: