Monday, November 23, 2009

Honey Creek Inn



"Honey Creek Inn", oil, 12x12, 11/2009

On Saturday, my artist friend, Patti and I again needed to paint in the village...we couldn't resist the charm. Honey Creek Inn is a well known, busy restaurant, renovated from an old tavern. The tavern sign is still on top.

As I was painting, people went in and out the front door, and I started to feel like I needed to put some figures in the painting or it would look too lonely. Finally a patron, approached to see how I was doing and when I told him that I needed a model, he obliged by going back in and getting a waitress to sit on the front bench with him. How nice! She couldn't stay for long, only about a minute because she had tables to attend to, but it was long enough to put in two figures. I am very satisfied with this painting!

No comments: