Thursday, March 28, 2013

Preview of Summer Color

Lilies and Phlox, pastel, 20x30, $1900. framed with AR glass

Summer is a few months away and I am craving more color! Michigan is very drab this time of year.
I have painted in this garden many times through the years and it has provided an large source of inspiration for me. This new painting is a studio painting. I used my artistic license to change the background and changed the pink phlox to white. This is the same corner garden, only looking towards the bench instead of the trellis, and I left out the fence. You can do those things as an artist and I hope you think it works. I may still paint a studio piece based on the Garden Shadows, below.This new pastel painting will be featured in my first summer show at the KIA, Bronson Park, Kalamazoo on June 7-8. See my web site for my complete summer show schedule for 2013.

oil plein air, 2011, SOLD

Garden Shadows, oil plein air, 2012, 11x14, $800.

No comments: