Saturday, March 2, 2013

Few New Pastels

February Moon, pastel, 6x6, $225.
Again, I was excited by the possibilities of another full moon painting.
I was happy the sky was clear and the moon quite large as it rose up from the horizon. I drove around  that evening until I could decide on a composition, and memorized the colors as best as I could. Immediately upon returning home, I drew it out in pastel. The pink/orange glow was present.

Hay Bales After the Rain, pastel, 12x16. $750.

This pastel painting was referenced by on oil sketch done on location in 2011. The plein air outing was interupted by rain, so I painted it fast and furious! I loved the oil painting (9x12) and decided to try a larger size in pastel. I changed the shapes of the tree line and the foreground is more detailed in the pastel. Overall, I like both paintings a lot!

Bay Sunset, pastel, 18x12, $900.

Painted from a digital photo reference. This painting will probably be at North Seas Gallery this summer unless it sells first!

Thank you for viewing my art!

2 comments:

barbara schilling said...

really nice Kathie!...espece=ially love the hay bales...lovely light.

Varsha Patel said...

beautiful painting kathleen.
http://varshafineart.blogspot.com/