Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Early April plein air

Brechting Barn, oil on linen panel, 6x8, $100. uf
On a nice evening, I had several hours to paint near 4 Mile, west of Alpine. I decided on the Brechting Barn. My girlfriend from middle school lived here and now her brother owns the farm. The barn is very tall and has a rounded roof style. The sun was setting quickly and the light was a warm rose color, giving the gray barn a reddish glow.

Plum Orchard, oil on linen panel, 12x16, $500. uf
Again this year the plum trees were the first to bloom and I again painted at the Chase farm. This time, the light was different with a late afternoon sun.

Warm Spring Day, oil, 9x12, $350. uf
Another warm morning and I was off to paint at a nearby farm. The cows were great, though always moving. Last summer I painted here, see the painting "Farmyard Conversation" on the Oils page of the website, Kalinowski Fine Art.



I am offering these plein air works at a lower price, unframed. Call or e-mail if you are interested in owning one of these new paintings.
Thanks for viewing my artwork!

No comments: