Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day Two - Lake Michigan Dunes

On day two I started to block in the darks and basic values of color to make sure that my design was working as a good composition. I used a large #10 bristle brush and a small amount of turp (I use Gamsol). The brushes that I used are Robert Simmons Signet 42 Filbert. I referred to my three glossy 8x10 photos of the dune, my pastel painting and my memory of this beautiful place as I worked on this painting.

COLOR PALETTE:
Rembrant Titanium White
Rembrant Cad Yellow Lt.
Rembrant Cad. Yellow lemon
Richeson Yellow Ochre
Grumbacher Terra Rosa
Rembrant Transparent Red Oxide
Winsor Newton Cad. Red Lt
Gamblin Alizaron Crimson
Richeson Maganese Violet
Rembrant Ultramarine Blue
Holbien Cerelean Blue
Rembrant Viridian Green
Rembrant Phalo Turquoise Blue (very small amount)

Basic values layed in with thin paint. Transparent Oxide Red and Ultramarine Blue.

No comments: