Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 6 - Lake Michigan Dunes

I continued to progress. I basically made adjustment over the entire painting, starting with the sky. I worked on the clouds, adding more variation in the blues. The background trees received the most attention as I thought they looked too flat. I spent a conserable amount of time on the trees, adding more colors in the shadows and highlighting the sunlit tops. The sand on the dunes also needed a little more contrast. All during this final stage I concentrated on repeating colors for harmony, softening edges and making sure there was a good variety of edges throughout the work.
Day six went into day seven and eight as I kept evaluating the work until it came to a point when I knew I was finished because I didn't think there was any more to do!
When the painting is professionally photographed, I will post the finished work.
This painting will be on display at Plaza Tower during ArtPrize in Grand Rapids, MI.

No comments: