Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September Plein Air Paintings

Pumpkins and Apples, oil on linen panel, 9x12, 2010

Painted plein air last week at the Country Basket on Nine Mile. I wanted to paint the pumpkin patch and discovered this view that was unexpected and very delightful. As I was working, a young mother and her children approached the pumpkin patch and the little boy went immediately to the large pumpkin that I was about to paint in. I am glad they did not take it!

Harvest Fields, oil on linen panel, 9x12, 2010

This is another local farm that I have passed by most of my life and decided to stop to ask if I could paint there. A very nice couple by the name of Alt. I went down to the pumpkin fields and discovered this beautiful scene in morning light. I bought some of her beautiful pumpkins, quite a variety to choose from. I will be back to paint here again.

Plein Air Oils by Kathleen Kalinowski
Michigan Landscapes

1 comment:

Robin said...

Hi Kathleen, Yesterday my daughters and I went to the ArtPrize event and seen this picture. You do beautiful work!!!! I wish you the best of luck!!!

Robin Griffes