Thursday, April 7, 2011

Six Inch Squared Still Lifes

"Petite Peppers", oil, 6x6, $300. with black floater frame

"Yellow Rose", oil, 6x6, $300. framed in dark gold floater frame
I have been enjoying working from life on these drab Spring days by painting lovely little still lifes. It often takes just as much thought in setting up a still life as it does painting it. I like to place the objects in my north window for a constant cool light source, so that means I must plan my painting time during daylight hours! I am placing two of them in beautiful black Larson-Juhl floater frames as shown in the framed picture. When the others are framed and photographed, I will show what they look like in their frames as well. I think the result is stunning. You can see these three paintings at the April 17 Button-Petter Gallery opening.

"Strawberries and Cream", oil, 6x6, $300.