Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Showers

"Beach Time", pastel, 9x12, $525.
For lack of a better title, I always think of April as the month of "April showers, bring May flowers". I think of April as a month of "hope", as I am primarily a plein air painter waiting for May blossoms and a gardener waiting to play in the dirt. So while I am waiting, I seem to be having a marathon of studio painting, which is a good thing considering the upcoming seasonal Gallery openings. After all the painting, I need to photograph the work, which I did today, varnish the oils and then frame.
Featured in the post is new work for the Button-Petter Gallery show, opening April 17, with a champagne artist reception from 1-5pm.

"Morning Breeze", oil on linen, 24x36, $3200.

Upcoming posts will feature more work for this show, new still lifes, and paintings of Leelanau for Treeline Gallery.



No comments: