Monday, November 29, 2010

Skies

I need to include this painting that I did in late October. My interest here was the dramatic sky over the dark gold rolling hills. I loved the color contrast. I also wanted to practice painting clouds and feel that this one was a success. I may paint a larger version of this soon.

"October Sky", oil, 12x12

I felt that this next sky was dramatic in a different way. I was attracted to the blue violet sky against the old white farm house and the way the shadows on the back of the farm house seemed to melt into the sky color. This is called a "lost edge". I took some artistic license here and left out a few trees, etc to create this composition, but still stayed true to the essence of the scene before me.

"Farm House - November Sky", oil on linen panel, 9x12

No comments: