Monday, November 29, 2010

November plein air work

November has gone by in a flash partly because I have been immersed in studio work as well as getting out during some really nice days in the first part of the month. The next few blogs will be playing catch-up with my favorite plein air works and then some new studio work.
Holly Sturgis and I went to paint at Klein's Farm and were treated to beautiful afternoon light and color with a great view of rolling hills and orchards. I love the colors of the orchards in fall almost as much as the blossoms in spring.
"Rolling Fields and Orchards", oil, 9x12

"Beauty Road", oil, 12x9
Sometimes I make plans to work in the studio all day, only to see that the day is shaping up fine and I know that I will regret not plein air painting. This day I painted with my friend, Kay Tiedt, in an area that I normally do not frequent, but she had been there a few days before. We met on 4 Mile off of Egypt Valley Rd., and discovered a winding Natural Beauty Road with a few spot to pull over and paint. The wind had picked up, so I was glad to be in a secluded place, with trees all around.

No comments: