Thursday, August 9, 2012

Painting in Leelanau Co.

Here is the rest of the story! When I returned home from the Glen Arbor trip, I felt a few of the paintings needed a little help. So after a few touch ups, they were photographed so I could add them to my web site and blog.
Michigan Beach (Port Oneida), oil, 6x8, $295. framed
The second painting on Saturday morning of the paint out. This one required more paint in the foreground , which I worked on in the studio.

Thoreson Farm, oil, 8x10, $500. framed
I painted this one on Friday evening during the "quick draw" event. We only had two hours to complete a painting and I felt like this one was finished by the ending time.

Leelanau Road, oil on panel, 6x6, $250. framed
Painted on Sunday, the day after the paint out. It was very windy and kind of chilly compared to the day before. 

Port Oneida Beach, oil, 9x12, $650. framed
The first painting of the day on Saturday....I found some shade.

Vineyard and Bay, oil, 9x12, $650. framed
Painted on Sunday, south of Suttons Bay, before we left for home.

The start of "Port Oneida Beach".

No comments: