Sunday, June 3, 2012

Artprize Venue Secured

Yeah! I officially have secured a venue for this year's Artprize! The venue is the Old Federal Building - "THE SPOT", on Pearl Street between Ottawa and Ionia. It is a very cool looking venue with the exposed brick work, large walls and good lighting. My painting will be an oil, 40x60, titled "Elements of Rock and Water". While I have done many paintings of water...since we live in a state almost surrounded by large lakes, the rocks are a new type of landscape subject, esp. the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.
I have completed a pastel painting that will serve as my study.
Elements of Rock and Water, pastel, 20x30, NFS...yet.

I will be posting some progress photos that took while working on this painting. Stay tuned.
Thanks for viewing my art!

3 comments:

C. said...

This is a great venue! I was in the Amway last year but somewhat separated from the other artists so I didn't quite get the traffic they did. I enjoyed everything I saw at The Spot- they were pretty discerning with their choice of artists. Congratulations!

Kathleen Kalinowski, PSA said...

Thanks!!!

Kathleen Kalinowski, PSA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.