Sunday, May 6, 2012

Spring Bouquets

Lilacs and Pear, pastel, 12x12, $850. framed
I was so captivated by these lilacs and quickly arranged them into a vase. One of my lilac bushes  is of a darker red violet color and the  younger bushes are the typical light lavender. I just set the branches in a vase and they seemed to arrange themselves in a pleasing manner. I had not really planned on adding the pear, until I started blocking in the composition. I like how the pear helps lead the eye up to the lilacs. Also, I changed the table cloth color to a pale orange to complete the triadic color scheme. The lilac scent is still lingering in my studio.

Daffodil Bouquet, pastel, 12x9, SOLD
I actually painted this still life last spring.  Recently, I took it out of storage and decided that it was a lovely little painting, that just need a few more strokes of yellow green leaves on the forsythia. I framed it and it makes me smile when I look at it. Very cheery!

Petite Daffodils, oil, 10x8I am pleased with the color combinations in this painting.

Thanks for looking! 

No comments: