Saturday, February 11, 2012

New Studio Work


This is the first day in a long while that we have snow...only it is bitter cold, so I don't like to paint outside when it is under 20 degrees! I have been working diligently in the studio and here are a few of my new works.

Creek Reflections, oil on linen, 24x30, $2600.framed
This is a favorite place for me to paint with my friend Patti Mollema.  I used several plein air studies along with some photos for this painting. I was attracted to the early morning light as it lit up the creek banks and the hazy distant trees were a nice contrast. I used oil primed Claussen C15 linen and enjoyed working on such a beautiful surface.
Snowy Boughs, pastel, 16x12, $850. framed
I used an oil plein air study for inspiration.
Winter Light, oil on linen, 18x24, 1800. framed

This painting was created after the first major January snow of this year.





No comments: