Friday, October 14, 2011

Plein Air in October

More plein air work during the Indian Summer we had here in West Michigan!
Lake at Ox-Bow, oil, 8x10
Painted from a dune at Oval Beach, looking east toward Ox-Bow.

Cornstalks and Pumpkins, oil, 10x8
Painted at Klein Cider Mill and Farm on Tuesday. One of the last warm days this month!

Farmyard Conversation, oil, 11x14
I have driven by this farm many times and finally decided to ask if I could paint on their property. I will definitely want to come back to this farm. I can imagine how it will look in the winter!

Pasture with Black Angus, oil, 11x14
This is another favorite painting spot that I just keep coming back to!

Maples and Fields, oil, 11x14
The fields are strawberry plants. I was attracted to the shapes and the contrasting trees in the distance. I think this painting could have been more like 11x18. Will have to do another one!

Apple Orchard, oil, 11x14
This was a lovely day spending time alone near this apple orchard owned by the Brechting family.
Painting in a quite place with no distractions is the best!

No comments: