Monday, September 19, 2011

Enthusiasm Goes a Long Way

"Summer's End", oil on linen, 9x12
This little farm was inherited by Don. I met Don while asking if I could do some painting on his property. He enthusiastically introduced me to the two cows, two pigs, his beautiful flowers and small    vegetable garden. The fruit trees had the best nectorines and peaches that I have ever tasted! He generously gave me a bushel of peaches from which I made two pies and selected the best ones for my still lifes. You can tell that this little farm is a labor of love for Don and he is carrying out the farming traditions of his parents. A nice way to spend retirement!
I had fun painting this little barn with the nice shapes and surrounding gardens. The cows were challenging as they really do not keep still unless eating their breakfast of alfalfa and hay. I may try the painting with the cows again, with more careful study from my photos.

"Alfalfa and Hay", oil on linen, 11x14


No comments: