Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August Still Lifes

Here are three new still lifes that I have managed to squeeze in this month. There are so many more that I want to do. On July 4, I went to the Burley Park Flea Market and bought some nice props...the cobalt bottle is one of them. Most recently, I discovered a great antique shop in Elk Rapids (will blog on that trip next) and now have a few more exciting finds to use in future still life set ups. I like to keep the small still lifes simple, with a nostalgic mood and warm color.

"Chicory, Cobalt and Peach", oil, 7x5

"Crock of Cherries", oil, 6x6 SOLD

"Plums and Peach", oil, 6x6 SOLD

Enjoy! 

2 comments:

Anchor Cottage said...

I love the rich colors in your small still lifes.

Kathleen Kalinowski, PSA said...

Thanks! Alyce just sold
" plums and peach"!