Sunday, June 5, 2011

Small Still Lifes

Over the course of the past few months, I have been challenging myself to paint small still lifes in between the landscapes. I am finding that I look forward to thinking about painting these objects, how to arrange them, colors that are harmonious and trying to keep a simple, yet engaging composition. It can be difficult at times, yet painting these little scenes from life is a learning experience and I am enjoying each one. I like the small square format and can envision them hanging in a kitchen or eating nook. Please feel free to give me feedback. I have framed a few and will be bringing them to the Ann Arbor show.

I decided to show them in groupings...I like how the colors go well together here.

Spring Bouquet and Sweet Cherries, oil, 6x6, $250.

Bosc Pear and Cherries, oil, 6x6, $250.

Two Pears, oil, 6x6, $250.

No comments: