Thursday, February 14, 2008

My focus has been on painting!




I have been extremely busy since I posted "My first blog". I admit I have procrastinated a bit on my goal to keep my blog current. I have accomplished 48 new paintings since the commission piece above, and 30 are from this year, 2008. I have managed to photograph them and post most of them on the web sites. So today I will show a few new paintings.


"A Snowy Day , oil, 16x12, was painted a few days ago after another snowstorm. The sun finally made an appearance after many gray days. This pine is in my backyard next to the bird feeder and it looked so lovely that I had to do a painting from it. I painted it from the view of the living room window.


"Long Shadows-Farm", 15x30, is a studio oil painting that I finished yesterday. The painting is a combination of several reference photos of the same farm in northern Michigan.

No comments: