Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Torch Lake Area II

Hay for Horses, oil, 6x6, $250 framed
The last painting of the last day. I had to quickly come up with a composition of this barn for a small panel. Finding the hay bales inside the barn was a bonus. I was attracted to the negative shapes.

Pasture, oil, 11x14, $800 framed
This is the same barn as above, seen from a distance. When I started, there were horses  near the  water pail, so I took pictures of them, thinking I could use this study along with the photos to do a larger painting in the studio.

Weathered Barn - Evening, oil, 11x14, $800. framed
A weathered barn with an orange glow in the evening light. I liked how the foreground shadow pattern helped to lead the eye to the focal point. 

Hay Bales and Hills, oil, 11x14, $800. framed
A very windy afternoon. This scene was along a main road leading to Bellaire. So not only the wind, but we had to contend with the noisy traffic and people stopping to talk to us as we were painting. I am surprised this painting is even a keeper. I hope to use this painting as a study for a larger piece.




No comments: